We are seeking submissions for a ‘Year of the Dog’ themed Little Fictions event planned for 2018.
Closes Dec 1, 2017. Enter here
What are we looking for?
To mark the 2018 Lunar New Year, we are seeking texts which:
-are influenced by some of the characteristics associated with the Year of the Dog.
-explore of the idea of ‘the dog’ more generally. For instance, they may reflect on human interaction with canines through time and across cultures – from either point of view.
Submissions may reflect the author’s cultural background or lived experience. They may emanate from other forms of connection the author has, or has had, with countries and cultures which celebrate the lunar calendar. Or they may simply be works of the imagination created in response to the theme.
Texts submitted in both English and Chinese language are welcome.
Submissions can be in the form of:
microlit (microfiction or prose poems) up to 200 words;
short fiction (in any genre and form such as prose, dramatic monologue etc) up to 2000 wds.
Submissions will be judged by a team of editors and actors who will be looking for prose writing which will translate well into live performance.
Submission Guidelines / Conditions of Entry
- Submissions will only be accepted via the Submittable on-line link, here.
- Entry fee is $10.00 for each submission. (There is no limit to the number of entries.)
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age and must be either living in Australia or be an Australian citizen living anywhere.
- Maximum word limit is 2,000 words.
- Submissions should not be under consideration by another competition or publication.
- Submissions should not have been previously published. If you have a query regarding this proviso, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions must be suitable for public performance.
- By submitting to the Little Fictions Call Out, writers grant Spineless Wonders licence to perform the work as part of Little Fictions, to record and, if applicable, to offer this recording for broadcast on public radio and other free-to-air media.
- Intellectual Property shall remain with the writer. We request that Little Fictions be acknowledged in any future print publication of the work.
- The closing date for this round of submissions is Dec 1, 2017. Entries will be accepted up until midnight. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Submitters will be notified of the outcome of their entry.
- All selected entries may be edited.